• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Profile for Epson 80600

iaco

ciao!
Hello everybody,

we have, among others, an Epson 80600 set to 9 colors. We would like to do some tests by printing in 1 or 2 passes.
Do any of you know a generic profile to download via Epson Dashboard with these speeds? Or, rather, did he create them and want to share them?

I have already tried editing a media profile, I would like to understand if it is useful to work on it.

I know, I should use a spectrophotometer. We intend to purchase one, but will be purchasing it alongside other machines in the coming months.
Simple curiosity and impatience. :)

Thanks in advance for all the help

Last edited:

iaco

ciao!
I did a test by modifying a profile: it is also possible to print in 1 or 2 passes. ;)
Of course the result is horrendous, I can't linearize, I don't have the tool. I'll give it to me for my birthday.

a77

It is? I wouldn't call it rippin fast at 8pass or higher.... depends what you call fast. And the OP is talking about billboard... very tight margins on stuff like that.

mim

0_o
Yeah I just set it to 6pass if I'm really in a rush, can't imagine needing it to go much faster than that but thats just me.
I thought the reason might have had to do with the nozzles.

iaco

ciao!
Friends,

thanks for all reply, but I would like to provide some information.

My question was: do you know a media profile to download from the dashboard or have you created - maybe - one yourself? Obviously not, that's fine.
About why. As A77 said: speed.
About second why. It's a pretty fast printer, even a quality one, but for some things it's not necessary.
About third why. I didn't want to force the world to print 1 pass :)

Just to be clear: we have a roll of material, 150cm x 150mt.
At 8 passes, to print it all, it takes about - just for example - 19 hours.
At 6 pass 13 hours.
At 4 pass 9 hours.
At 1 pass 2.5.

Let's take for example a working day of, more or less, 12 hours: in the first case I print a roll and I have to come back after dinner, in the second case the same. In the third I can print two. One pass: 4 rolls a day and a quiet dinner.

These are of course exaggerations, probably the right proportion between quality and speed is 2 passes. But it was just to chat.

I don't know what your billboard paper is called, blueback?

Last edited:
  • OMG / WOW
Reactions: mim

mim

0_o
Wow! Yeah, definitely not running prints that long. Good to know though, thanks for the info! Sorry nobody had any profile suggestions for you