• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profile Problem

cwb143

I use Onyx 10.1 with the Eye 1. I can make profiles but they still seem too grainy. My Eye 1 dosnt have the printer License but still seems to work with the onyx. Could that make a difference? Im trying to make a 300x600 dpi profile for styrene. Printing with a Gandi 3150x2 32pico heads and my new profile is not as smooth as im used to. any ideas?

CWB

Mspec

what type of profile did you build? A basic density curve profile? with no ICC profile ( if you built an ICC profile, you would have read at least 900 patches, up to over 2,000 ) if you did not build an ICC type profile, that is why your output looks grainy, unless it is one of the hardware issues discussed in your other posts.

eye4clr

My Eye 1 dosnt have the printer License but still seems to work with the onyx
What do you mean it doesn't have the printer license?
Are you building the ICC within onyx or in the eyeone software?
Are you making an ICC at all, or just getting as far as the linearization (as Mspec alludes)?

cwb143

Im building the Profile with Onyx. Im reading the strips with the I1. I used all 2000 whatever patches Ultra accurate.I hit the build ICC profile button so yeah I built a profile. It still looks grainy. The profile We always use is a lot smoother. Its just the gray color is wrong. Which is why Im writing a new profile. but if I can't smooth it out its useless to me. I got black starting at about 50% I may try higher.