• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help PS Interpreter Panic Error- Rasterlink 6

JM4Designs

Just started getting this error in Rasterlink: "PS Interpreter Panic Error - Error occurred before errordict setup. Check your init files" Sometimes it does it while reading a file from the hot folder, sometimes while ripping to the printer. When it does it I have to shut Rasterlink down and reopen it to be able to do anything. It does it seemingly randomly, with different files. It does it with files from CorelDraw, Illustrator, print/cut files sent with Finecut, etc. Yesterday I reinstalled Rasterlink but today I'm still having the same issue... The randomness of it is making it hard to fix. Has anyone here encountered this error before?

Attachments

• PS Interpreter Panic.JPG
    PS Interpreter Panic.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 675

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
I believe it may be an issue with your network. How are you sending data to the printer, USB or Ethernet? If its Ethernet, and if you can, try using a USB instead to see if your problem persists.

SunCity

I believe it may be an issue with your network. How are you sending data to the printer, USB or Ethernet? If its Ethernet, and if you can, try using a USB instead to see if your problem persists.
I have exactly this problem. I am running 2 printers and it is happening with both of them. They are both plugged into USB sockets.

SunCity

I have exactly this problem. I am running 2 printers and it is happening with both. They are both plugged in to USB ports.

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
Let's look at a couple of things. Do your files have any special characters in the name, like dashes, commas or question marks? (One old rule of thumb I used to use was underscores only). Second I would save/print your print file as a .ps (postscript)
Then run that file through Acrobat Distiller. If it creates a PDF then it should be good to go, if it flushes it then your file has an issue. At that point I would try to flatten and outline any fonts to eliminate them as the problem. Here is a good article explaining postscript errors.

Hope this helps.