• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

question about complex files

tamif

T-N-T Designs
I have a logo from a customer that has a lot of shading and color to it. I have managed to pull it into adobe illustrator and keep the color. When I try to save it or pull into Flexi it dulls the lettering from a bright red to a dull brownish colors and most of the time it leaves harsh lines where the shading starts (on screen). I have also had problems with getting it to contour cut, but I did finally find a file type that would let that work. Any suggestions on what I can do to retain color? I know printing it doesn't always keep color, but on screen it usually looks good.

greysquirrel

Save as high res pdf from illustrator…you need to manually make a shape that you want to cut in illustrator…the only thing onyx ill do is add document box as cut file.

unmateria

Save an illustrate PDF and raster it in photoshop then feed a tiff+lzw file to onyx. Depending the profile, use srgb or fogra39 while converting colours in photoshop.