• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Graphtec FC4500-50 tool change mirror marks

Raghaus

I recently got a hold of a Graphtec FC4500-50 flatbed. So far, so good & I'm getting a hang of the machine and menus. It's clearly showing its age, but it all makes sense somehow and the machine does the job.

I ran into an issue & I have a question that someone here might be able to answer... While this machine has two tool holders, only one is strong enough for cutting and scoring. My issue mostly applies to the mirror crop mark functionality and tool change, as the entire job gets sent to the machine and the plotter keeps going, despite me having set a different tool/condition for the respective layers.

There's gotta be a function that makes the machine pause and give the operator an opportunity for a tool change, yes?

I figured out that I can send a job right reading from Graphtec studio and hit the pause button next to the layer, but that does not work with the mirror marks function, and I would prefer to cut and crease from the back of the print.

Any ideas & help from an experienced Graphtec user would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20210618_212147_566.jpg
    IMG_20210618_212147_566.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 172
Last edited:

Raghaus

Found it... Hidden in the Special Functions menu "Tool Select Wait" "Enable". Now the machine asks for a tool change as needed.