• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question on Adobe Illustrator CS (Old Version)

smullen

So I really want to learn beyond the very basic of basics as I'm greener than the grass... Actually I need to start with the basic of basics...

Anyway, I bought a book by Adobe called Abobe Illustrator CS Classroom in a Book.

The 1st fricken lesson has got me stumped...

Sorry to rable, figured you'd want to know why I want to know what I'm about to ask...

Drawing a Star
So it has me click and hold on the rectangle Icon on the tool box to the left/select the star/Drop a star on on the ""Artboard" then in the star's dialong box it wants me to specify, 20 pt for Radius 1 and 10 pt for Radius 2 and 5 for the number of point on the star...

However, the settings for the Radius size are stuck in inches not pts.... How do I change this??? I'm sure its simple to you guys and I've looked all over for it, but can't locate the place to change this...

Again, sorry to ramble, but I had no idea how to ask it with more brevity...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Illy CS5 - right click on the ruler and select unit of measurement.
Maybe it is the same for CS.

wayne k
guam usa

SebastienL

Default values are in the menu : illustrator-preferences-unit & display perf.

However, when entering a value like you are trying to do youcan type "20pt" in the field.

pt for point
in for inches
mm for millimeter
cm for centimeter

You can double click in any ruler to change their unit.

smullen

Default values are in the menu : illustrator-preferences-unit & display perf.

However, when entering a value like you are trying to do youcan type "20pt" in the field.

pt for point
in for inches
mm for millimeter
cm for centimeter

You can double click in any ruler to change their unit.

I tried the typing in the 20 pt, but it kept changing back, but the other way you said did get it...

Thanks for everyones help... I never thought of youtubem after I work a few more chapters in this book, I will see what all I can find on youtube...

Thanks again.