• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Questions on Epson Surecolor F570

Taryn

With CobraInk closing and my apparent inability to fix the 1430 we got from them, we're looking at getting an Epson Surecolor F570 Pro Sublimation Printer but I have Questions(TM) about it before I tell my boss we should get one. I have only very little experience with the ink transfer we were doing initially and it looks like the sublimation is similar but I want to discount that impression with the fact that I don't actually know sublimation. I only really have experience with cut HTV and printed HTV from Wellington House.
  • How reliable is the printer? Has anybody had consistent issues with the printer that wasn't due to user error, like does it produce bands in the image often, does the ink not pull correctly, does the printer just print everything in monochromatic blue/green, that kind of thing (errors I have experienced with the ink transfer printer (it was old when I started working here in June 2019)).
  • How long has the sub stayed on shirts? I'm near certain that it was how I was applying the ink transfer, but I've had 50/50 luck with ink transfer (first shirt I did is still looking great, my second one took it off in the dryer immediately).
  • Personal opinions on the printer? Again, this would be the first machine I work with so I would really like to know what I may be headed into.
I did already take a look at some posts about it both on here and in t-shirtforums and, as far as I can tell, the overall impression with the printer is positive. I figured it would be a good idea to ask now while I have the questions in my head and add more questions later. I am going back through what I found and rereading it to see if I missed any info and am also looking to see if I can find info anywhere else (that will eventually include YouTube).

soggywinter

Sublimation ink works with polyester fabric only, but it dies the fabric as opposed to sitting on top like HTV. I would recommend talking to Conde Systems about your applications and the F570. They have been my sublimation supplier since 2004 and are solid Epson resellers and have excellent support.

Taryn

Thank you for the reply, Winter! That does sound like a limitation I wouldn't be fond of, but I do still have HTV. Thank you for the supplier recommendation!