• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Quick Books: Simple Start vs Pro

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
For those of you using Quick Books, how many of you are running a business with just Simple Start?

I'm just a one-man show with no employees and am wondering if Quick Books Pro would be overkill.

One of my goals is to become "accounting savvy" in 2011.

Any experiences and opinions would be helpful.

Thank you,

Jim

threads1

Did you know that starting in 2012 you will be required to issue a 1099 to everyone you have bought $600.00 worth of product from. So, you better make sure your accounting software is up to the task of tracking your expenditures and auto printing 1099 forms. This was another hidden law in the Obama Care package.

rwinninger

Quickbooks

Been using QB for 10 years,spend the money and get the pro, I just got a new version of 2010 pro sealed in package on E-Bay for $110.00. Payroll is yearly fee from QB

Vicg

quick books pro is the way to go , wifey got simple start thru something its a free version in about 1 week she begged me to load qb pro in her office for her business.

TheSnowman

I've been using QB since probably 2002, and it's the only way to go, and kind of the US standard I would say for smaller businesses. I'm thinkin' I got 2010 Pro on Amazon.com for like $90 if I remember right. Do some google searches, you can save a lot of money.