• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Quoting Software???

chad vosseller

I was wondering what everyone used for quoting, and workflow. Ive been looking at Flexi-quote, does anyone have any experience?

the goal here is to have all my material costs and sale price in a system which would make it easy to generate a quote. My team is spending a lot of man-hours calculating square footages and materials, lams etc.
Which would then generate a professional looking quote sheet.

I don't think I can use qucikbooks quotes because we have the desktop version and I would rather a dedicated program for print.

Any positive experiences!?

2B

there are MANY MANY threads about this, suggest searching.

the one that seems to get the most positive (currently) is CoreBridge Software, this is teh company that bought Cyrious

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
all my material costs and sale price
Do you already have this available in something such as a spread sheet which is organized and accurate (somewhat straightforward)? You will also need the costs of your machine times and labor (not-so-much straightforward.) Do you know your direct competitor's price for like products of yours?

Last edited:

bannertime

Specifically about Flexi-Quote, it's lacking in a lot of features. Hoping with the 19 release that Sidekick and Quick Quote is better.

chad vosseller

Yeah I have spreadsheets with all my material costs and sell prices including ink etc.
Ive definitely searched through some threads on this in which a lot of people suggested creating your own spreadsheet or web program and I think that's less of what I want.

I was more curious if there was a print industry-specific program the generates professional quotes that people like and use. Workflow and production would be nice as well.

I did schedule a demo with corebride. I like the concept of flexi quote alot. Was wondering if it held up in the real world or if there was something better out there.

ikarasu

Signs tracker seems nice.

We still use paper work orders for everything... It sucks. $60 a month for 10 users is a no brainer. It'd be nice for the sorting alone... But it's really be nice to see a list of upcoming jobs, what material they use...so I can prepare.

It doesn't happen often, but there's been a few times an order hits my desk and I don't have the material for it in stock. If I knew the order was approved / artwork being worked on... I could have bought the material a week ago!

And every single day I'd print on one material... Load another, then a work order comes up for the material I just removed. My biggest pet peeve... It's be awesome to know who's working on what.

HecklnDecalr

check out Vsign. We have been using it for about 2 years now. It was made by a sign guy so it has materials, rolls sizes and what not built in. just set your prices, overhead and whatnot and it will give you your cost, material usage and a list of percentage markups. Has a job calendar, invoicing synced to Quick Books and alot more.

JPR-5690

We use EFIs PrintSmith for all of our digital and offset work. Since we recently invested in our wide format dept. we're only starting to plug in all the info so we can really utilize everything it's capable of.

It's the only MIS software I've used so far. It definitely plenty of quirks and annoyances but it's a crazy powerful system if you have a need for everything it offers.

For instance we're redoing our website right now with plans to link it to the e-commerce and storefront modules for PrintSmith so clients can order online and it will automatically create the estimate, invoice, and queue the artwork to prepress.

Megagrafix

President
I was wondering what everyone used for quoting, and workflow. Ive been looking at Flexi-quote, does anyone have any experience?

the goal here is to have all my material costs and sale price in a system which would make it easy to generate a quote. My team is spending a lot of man-hours calculating square footages and materials, lams etc.
Which would then generate a professional looking quote sheet.

I don't think I can use qucikbooks quotes because we have the desktop version and I would rather a dedicated program for print.

Any positive experiences!?
We use a subscription software we have used for years: Estimatesoftware.com