• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Rasterlink 6 - cannot get gray color

DTRG_Josh

Hi,

I need help trying to get a neutral gray color. I've change profiles and the end product is either a Green/Gray color or Blue/Gray color... I tried using the LAB method and the result is the same.

Desperate!

Please advise,
Thank you

For nice neutral gray gradients you need light cyan and light magenta, if your gray is bluish just take back 10% on blue in rasterlink, it it's greenish take back 5% yellow AND/OR add 5% magenta.

If your color is not consistent you need more heat/ more steps, and turning off bidir while testing is also a good idea.

Joe House

This is a lot like the post about getting good greys in Flexi. The best answer would be to get someone in who is competent at making profiles and get a customer profile for the media you're using on the printer your using with the ink set that you're using and the RIP that you're usin in the environment that you're printing in.
There are simply too many variables (I only listed a few) that affect this and profile issues will always show in greys - which is why G7 has become quite the hit lately. Any other method is a hack job and with some experimentation (aka: trial and error + waste), you may get one job to print right, but you'll end up running all the tests again when you print another file.

ewded has some decent recommendations, but it's only a short term fix.

Good Luck

1. You need to convert your rasters to K only, you can do that in Photoshop if you create a grayscale document (not RGB or CMYK) and save it as TIFF
2. in rasterlink you need to go quality->color matching (add a new one) and use perceptual and select K only

If you want to print coloured stuff in the same document you can select perceptual(image) and select pure K for images and perceptual(image) and select select nothing for Illustration