• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink cutting outside Illustrator clipping mask

solantis

When I save a PDF it only saves the artboard but nothing outside however when I bring the PDF into rasterlink it cuts everything even outside the artboard / clipping mask area. Can I prevent rasterlink from cutting whats not in the clipping mask?

Attachments

• 2022-11-10 10_01_30-Window.jpg
    2022-11-10 10_01_30-Window.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 163

CMY_K?

I don't know if there is an easy fix, but I typically have to use the pathfinder tool in illustrator, and clean up all the lines extending out of the desired cut area. Kind of a pain.

darinmcd

Premium Subscriber
Not familiar with Rasterlink, we use Onyx Thrive. It requires a svg file to do a standalone cut and shows all lines as well. As he said, pathfinder and a little work is all I know as well

Kimberly Hiles

DarkerKat
When I save a PDF it only saves the artboard but nothing outside however when I bring the PDF into rasterlink it cuts everything even outside the artboard / clipping mask area. Can I prevent rasterlink from cutting whats not in the clipping mask?
In Illustrator - select your clipping masked shape - make the area you want to keep a color temporarily so you can grab it easier later. Then with the clipping mask selected, click on crop from the pathfinder panel. Use the magic wand tool to select only the colored sections, go to select/select inverse and delete out the other shapes (the voids in your clipping mask). This will leave you with just the paths that were inside of the clipping mask as closed shapes.