• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommend a tape that adheres to latex prints?

Dukenukem117

I need a tape that's ideally 0.75" but can be as wide as 1" to apply over a mesh printed with latex. Everything I've tried so far eventually peels off after a few days. Anyone have suggestions?

I need a tape that's ideally 0.75" but can be as wide as 1" to apply over a mesh printed with latex. Everything I've tried so far eventually peels off after a few days. Anyone have suggestions?
3M VHB High Dollar or mactac rebel H Adhesive tape. We use both all the time off of our HP LX300. You might rn into an issue with the mesh becuase of the rough uneven surface and the limited energy of the adhesion because of the holes. We never tape mesh. What are you trying to accomplish with the tape? Are taping edges on a banner or trying to stick it to something (like a window?) If doing banners, buy a used sewing machine or welder. If using black backed banner mesh on window, use a window cling adhesive on the face like Drytac Windowtac. Hope this helps.

Dukenukem117

3M VHB High Dollar or mactac rebel H Adhesive tape. We use both all the time off of our HP LX300. You might rn into an issue with the mesh becuase of the rough uneven surface and the limited energy of the adhesion because of the holes. We never tape mesh. What are you trying to accomplish with the tape? Are taping edges on a banner or trying to stick it to something (like a window?) If doing banners, buy a used sewing machine or welder. If using black backed banner mesh on window, use a window cling adhesive on the face like Drytac Windowtac. Hope this helps.
We have a velcro tape on the opposite side and I wanted to block the holes so that air doesn't degrade the adhesive over time. Sort of like sealing it from both sides. The velcro holds pretty well cause it has an acrylic adhesive, but we've noticed that after a year or so it starts to degrade from exposure to the air. 3M is kinda pricey unfortunately. I tried strapping tape since its coated to a PP surface, so I thought that it would hold. But guess not.

Last edited:
Oh I get it. Could you just cut down an heavy adhesive like mactac Rebel-H vinyl and try it? Do you fold over the edge 1st and finish, that might help? just spit balling.

Dukenukem117

What is spit balling?

I've always found folding over the edge to be difficult as I need to line it up exactly at the halfway point. Maybe this splicing tape will work since it claims to bond hard-to-bond plastics.

I guess my last resort is to just use the same velcro stuff on both sides as I know the adhesive works.

When we apply adhesive Velcro around the perimeter of any banner we fold and sew them first. If the Velcro needs sewn in we send it out to a finishing house. You could always have someone sew the Velcro on. The banner will fall apart before the Velcro comes off. :)

Dukenukem117

Let me see if I understand. So the edge of the banner is folded over and creates a double layer like a hem (that you sew), and the adhesive velcro goes over that?