• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

recommend design software and cut for bn20a and vinyl express q42 plotter

epsonianguy

Hello, I am new to print and cut. I am trying my best to learn the printer and how to cut decals/stickers with my plotter that has been sitting around. Could anyone suggest which software is the best for a beginner to do perfcuts/contour cuts on a plotter with versaworks? Im not even sure if my plotter is capable since I have no info or manual for it. Thank you

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
design in illustrator and PDF it to import into vector works. that's my workflow anyway with my BN20A and a graphtec cutter. Hope that helps

epsonianguy

design in illustrator and PDF it to import into vector works. that's my workflow anyway with my BN20A and a graphtec cutter. Hope that helps
could you tell me how to use the graphtec? as far as I know, my vinyl express is basically the same as graphtec, rebranded. I dont have a manual or anything for it. How do you do the cuts where it leaves tabs for people to peel easy?

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
there's a ton of info on youtube I'm sure with a little effort you can figure it out. I think you're talking about what's referred to as a "perf cut" for perforation.

as for manual, this took about 3 seconds of google work. gotta be able to help yourself.
or