• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recycling Ink Cartridges

chase_graphics_CT

Just wondering if anyone collects their ink cartridges to recycle. I've worked at places that participated in programs that donated ink cartridges and recycled them for charities, but I'm not sure what program it was and/or how to donate from Chase.

But I've been collecting a lot of Mutoh ValueJet and Epson StylusPro ink cartridges and even the empty toner containers from our digital presses just in case. I'd love to help out someone in need with them. Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Letterbox Mike

Good question, you beat me to it, I was going to post this this week too. We have hundreds of cartridges we've been saving up. A while back I found someplace that would pay something like $.50 or $1 ea for them but I can't find them now. I like the idea of finding a way to recycle them for charity better though. I'm interested to see what's out there.

mobilwraps

I have seen something on linkedIn where they are out of the UK and pay you for empty's but still waiting on a reply.

If i hear anything ill keep you all posted

TheSnowman

Staples gives you $2 each for them. It used to be $3, and I think you can take 10 in a month. My wife and I both have a rewards card, so we can do 20 a month. It's nice to have $40 to blow a month at Staples on basic office supplies.

They take small printer cartridges, or the ones from my Mimaki w/o any problems.

chase_graphics_CT

I did not know that! I'll definitely keep that in mind. I'll keep googling around regarding donating them, however. It'd be nice if a local school did fund raising with them or something.

Letterbox Mike

I'd heard about Staples taking them, but if they only take 10 a month we'll never be able to get rid of them at the rate we go through them. I still like the charity idea better anyway.

TheSnowman

at Staples you can take 10 a day. Worth it to get some $$ back even if it's just store credits.
TEN A DAY!? I need to double check that then. They told us no more than ten per month and we had to walk back out with a bunch of them in hand and sit on them for a month.

Tony McD

I'm looking for the same thing.
I'm not a big shop, but have 25 or 30 eco-sol carts that need to go somewhere.

Also quite a few empty laser toners, and some image drums.
Okidata used to send a return shipping label in the box for empty toners...and they stopped doing it.
Maybe for safety reasons since the "toner bomb scare"

longlivemedia

The Target by me also accepts them for recycling, but I don’t think it goes towards any charity and all you get back for it is knowing you recycled something to help the environment. I’ll have to look into Staples sometime though; I could always bring ten in there then take the rest to Target. At least that way I’ll get $20 a month I didn’t have.