• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reflective Cut-out Decals/Sticker

Manning

I'm having to print, laminate and cut to shape several hundred decals in reflective. These will be applied to service vehicles, "Fire Extinguisher arrow, First Aid Kit Inside, etc..."
Which reflective media will cut-out the best?(Summa S2 160T)

Thanks

DL Signs

Never go against the family
I use Oralite 5650RA for stuff like that. It's a 7 year, prints awesome, cuts clean, has air release for easy application. It also isn't as hard on blades as other reflective vinyls, on a Summa I'd use a 55 degree blade, and don't run it too fast.

• First Place
Reactions: 2B

Manning

I use Oralite 5650RA for stuff like that. It's a 7 year, prints awesome, cuts clean, has air release for easy application. It also isn't as hard on blades as other reflective vinyls, on a Summa I'd use a 55 degree blade, and don't run it too fast.
Thanks for your help

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
Just be careful as most EMS, First Aid, Ambulatory, and Police ask and prefer 3M or something closer to 3Ms brightness. Oracal 5650RA works great, but I only use it for non-emergency clientele. You can also print on straight 3M 680CR as long as you laminate it. It cuts just fine as I use an S-One D160.
Arlon's reflective SLX is bright, cheaper, but is a b*tch to get it to adhere without a heat lamp on it for a few hours. A p.i.t.a. to wrap with as well for the same reason.