• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removing encoder reader on Epilog 24EX

akuarela

Hi there, I recently bought an old Epilog 24EX, and am new to laser engraving.

We have run a couple of tests, and generally successful, but now started doing a couple of horizontal lines in the raster (at the same y area for different files, file attached) and thought to look inside/under the encoder reader, which is one part I did not clean when I did a full deep clean.

So, I started taking this apart, up to coming to a stop encountering a mystery bolt, which is pointed out in the pictures, this will need to be removed to be able to lift the encoder reader assembly.

Anyone with experience in this removal, I would appreciate the feedback very much. Specifically now to remove that little bolt or whatever it is.
confused.gif

I realize that this may not solve the problem and may still need to get a new encoder strip, etc. but I'd like to try at least, as the machine right now is not making us any money.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• skippedlinesArtboard 1.jpg
    skippedlinesArtboard 1.jpg
    617 KB · Views: 214
  • misteryboltArtboard 1.jpg
    misteryboltArtboard 1.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 130
  • encoderreaderArtboard 1.jpg
    encoderreaderArtboard 1.jpg
    633.3 KB · Views: 145