• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rendering Intent, FOGRA39 True Color Etc

Kemraj

Good day guys i have some questions. We have a latex 365 suing flexi sai 21

What Rendering Intent do you use to get true colors, perceptual vs Relative Colormetric Vs BlackPoint Compensation?

What Color profile do you all use FOGRA39, Swop etc?

Do you all use True Color and preserve hue like Red in Flexi Production.

What settings do you all use in Color correction, color correction, No color correction or linearization

IsItFasst

I don't have the same printer set up but for RI I have everything set to Relative Colorimetric except Bitmap which I have Perceptual. I think those are pretty common as being the "right" settings to start with. I run Pure Hue on Red, Gray and Yellow for best results on my machines. This was a lot of test prints though to see what I felt produced the most vibrant colors.

karst41

Good day guys i have some questions. We have a latex 365 suing flexi sai 21

What Rendering Intent do you use to get true colors, perceptual vs Relative Colormetric Vs BlackPoint Compensation?

What Color profile do you all use FOGRA39, Swop etc?

Do you all use True Color and preserve hue like Red in Flexi Production.

What settings do you all use in Color correction, color correction, No color correction or linearization
I will comment on what I know for FS 19 and the L560
When dealing with PMS Colors this has become an issue for some and gift for others.
Regardless of intent, do keep a current Pantone color bridge.

Use Color Correction for Pantone CMYK
and Turn off color correction for Formula matches.
I keep a roll of low cost psa vinyl for building Formula matches and when the EXpensive
vinyls like IJ180cv3 are loaded you will need to tweak the values.

Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Rendering intent of 'No Color Correction' ,or 'Saturastion' failing that, for everything except bitmap. Set bitmap to 'Perceptual'. Then print a Pantone chart. This usually gets you as close to what you see is what you get as you're likely to achieve. As an added benefit, it tends to give buck coloristas spastic colon.

Kemraj

I don't have the same printer set up but for RI I have everything set to Relative Colorimetric except Bitmap which I have Perceptual. I think those are pretty common as being the "right" settings to start with. I run Pure Hue on Red, Gray and Yellow for best results on my machines. This was a lot of test prints though to see what I felt produced the most vibrant colors.
Do you adjust the true color tolerance? Do you find the colors are brighter with hue colors or without.
And what pass and ink density do you use.