• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Resno Or Slimbrite

blufftonsignguy

I have a question for those who have experience in this area. Is there much of a difference if any in "Slimbrite" and "Resno" letters or are they the same just different trade names?

henryz

Hello blufftonsignguy, they are similar but I don't think the same people make them. We have use the Resno letters before they are nice. They are imported so lead time is always an issue. I think they are 4-5 weeks. Steel art also make them or you can try making them yourself. We have made a few in our show as well. You can use Bitro white acrylic and use their bendable led tape.

blufftonsignguy

Thank you. I have called Bitro and also another company that makes these types of letters. It does seem it depends on who/what company you talk to as to what they call them.

henryz

Colite int. makes some nice ones. I believe they are mfg in Germany. Here is one we just recently installed.

Attachments

• DSCF2486.JPG
    DSCF2486.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 409
  • DSCF2487.JPG
    DSCF2487.JPG
    716.6 KB · Views: 390

blufftonsignguy

Thank you for the pictures. I have called them also and waiting on a price. Bitro to me seemed a bit high, but I don't have much experience with this type of letters either.

henryz

You have to make sure they are UL, if that matters to you and warranty, but yes they are expensive. You will be seen more of them in malls and higher end stores.