• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rip Error in Flexi Production Manager...

bendeane

I seem to get a rip error when my files are larger than 100 MB. I have two files, one for the back of a box truck and one for the sides of a box truck. The back file is obviously smaller and rips fine. The sides I've been able to get down to approx 165 MB and I still get a rip error. I use Flexi 8.6 production manager. It is a .psd file, 72 dpi at full size flattened. The customer received a hard copy test print for color acceptance, so I'm afraid to change file types that may alter the color slightly (they are pretty picky).

I add the file to the queue and when I double click it to open the job properties, it opens the job properties dialogue box and chucks away like it's loading. Then the dialogue box closes and in the job queue, under status, I get "RIP error". My job log tells me that the RIP error was "No image info rendered" and possible reason: "Normal standard output message."

Any thoughts on changing any kind of preferences to allow me to rip larger .psd files?

Thanks,
Ben

CS-SignSupply

Any different result if you RIP the file without opening the job properties? Once it is in the Queue, select it and click RIP.

thewvsignguy

Make sure to "clean out" old files sitting in production manager. I find if I have lots of printed files that "hold" after output it will give an error on larger files I'm trying to print. You might be maxing out your CPU and ram trying to process the file with all that other stuff just sitting there. Just my .02

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Make sure to "clean out" old files sitting in production manager. I find if I have lots of printed files that "hold" after output it will give an error on larger files I'm trying to print. You might be maxing out your CPU and ram trying to process the file with all that other stuff just sitting there. Just my .02

+1 on this,
also locate the temp folder the production manager uses and clean that up too.

wayne k
guam usa