• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Ripping needed.

William McMahon

I plan to do a trailer wrap and I will be designing the graphics in Photoshop. I don't plan to do many (any) more wraps so I have not invested in rip software and I am looking to see if anyone is available that I may sub out the rip work to for a fee.
I will likely be using 365 to have the graphics printed so I will likely only need help with the panel set up.
I think the trailer is 14' long.
I am new here to the forum and I hope this type of soliciting is allowed.
Please let me know if you would be interested in helping me with this project.
Thanks,

CanuckSigns

does signs 365 not panel the prints for you? I would imagine you can specify the amount of overlap you want etc.

If not then set the panels up in photoshop and submit each panel as a separate file

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
You can't sub out RIP work. Your RIP - Raster Image Processor does exactly that. You load your image to the RIP, tell it what media is loaded in the printer, then the RIP will adjust the colours according to your ICC profiles and send it to your printer.

Im not sure what RIP will suit you, I use Onyx x12.2 but it wont do what you're asking. I know there's other software for that.

William McMahon

You can't sub out RIP work. Your RIP - Raster Image Processor does exactly that. You load your image to the RIP, tell it what media is loaded in the printer, then the RIP will adjust the colours according to your ICC profiles and send it to your printer.

Im not sure what RIP will suit you, I use Onyx x12.2 but it wont do what you're asking. I know there's other software for that.

ok, thank you

Christian @ 2CT Media

You just need someone to panel your artwork and prep for printing. Using the RIP is typically the process of translating images to the format your printer needs to print it.

ikarasu

Google Adobe illustrator clipping mask.

Set your artwork to size... Copy the image to like 5 different layers.

In layer one, make a square 53" x the height of your files. Goto move, tell it to move 52.5", tell it to "copy" instead of move... Then repeat that until you get to the end of your panels.

Copy each rectangle + your artwork to a new layer... Select all, ctrl + 7... And there's your panel. Goto layer two... Do the same thing... There's panel 2. Rinse and repeat... It's easy.

However signs 365 should be able to do this for you automatically.

Bly

Surely whoever prints this will do it easily in their RIP when setting the job up for print.