• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland CM 300 Issue?

landdesigns

I'm using a Roland CM-300, last night I loaded a roll a vinyl, when the cutter started to cut it jammmed up behind the blade holder assembly, I immediatly shut off the cutter.

Now when I load any width of vinyl, it does recognize there is vinyl in the machine, I press the set up button,the blade holder assmebly goes across the machine comes back and displays "change pinch rollers".

Nothing broken is visible, I'm looking for some advice for quick fix because I was planning on using this weekend, I have my versamm but I find the CM-300 easier to use .

Todd

geb

When the vinyl jammed, it may have moved one of the pinch rollers off the area it is supposed to be on. This would happen with my old camm-1 roland. Usually it was the roller closest to your controls that moved.

George

landdesigns

Problem found!

After trying different things and no results, called my Roland dealer(Grant Graphics) he suggest taking covers off and look for a noticable problems.
After checking cables,wires, etc. on top nothing found? Then I noticed there is a small green square(about a inch long) with 2 wires going to it and a glass tube where the two wires meet (like a circuit board)mounted on back of the blade holder assembly.
After a close inspection I noticed the glass tube was chipped and the wire seemed to be broken( must be the vinyl jammed and broke it).
Grant graphics agreed that was the problem, they ordered a new one, I recieved the new part from Roland, installed after having the 2 wires going to he Square resoldered. Works great now.

Maybe this can help someone out in the future who owns a Roland cutter.

Todd