• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland cutter ....Err bad positon

decalman

A Roland 24 cutter I was using today keeps giving me " err bad position " I had this cutter 12 years, never a problem. Never did any maintenance either. This thing has just kept running like the bunny in the battery commercial.

I moved the pinch rollers to various positions, to make sure its correct, but I still get the bad position err.
I appreciate your help. Thank you.

decalman

I got it fixed. Found out on Rolands site, it was caused by direct sunlight hitting the sensor. Very cheap repair. I got up and closed the door to block the sun. After all the years I had this thing , (2004) I never ran into that before. Live and learn.

I'll say this. The Roland 24 is a workhorse , but they don't track worth a darn.
Summa is the way to go.

OldPaint

had a simlar problem with a new flat screen tv.........was watching it one afternoon picked up the remote to change channels......NOTHING!!! couldnt even turn it off/on. now get up and walk infront of it to get to the controls on the tv.........every thing was working. seems the afternoon sun was comin in the window and shinning right on the tv)))))) had more light power the nthe remote)))))))))))))))

S'N'S

I got it fixed. Found out on Rolands site, it was caused by direct sunlight hitting the sensor. Very cheap repair. I got up and closed the door to block the sun. After all the years I had this thing , (2004) I never ran into that before. Live and learn.

I'll say this. The Roland 24 is a workhorse , but they don't track worth a darn.
Summa is the way to go.

Strange, my cutter is right next to a 6' x 6' window with sun coming in on it until mid morning and haven't had that problem,(not saying it doesn't happen).
Mine tracks fine, although I don't cut any longer than around 3-4metres if I don't have to, I try to bunch stuff into smaller groups.