• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Fj-52 printhead ?

anozira02

I am installing new print heads in my Roland fj-52. I received my print heads and it seams the the Ranking numbers show different from the existing ones.

Was wondering if the Ranking numbers are different from one head to another?
This is my first time for head installations, I wanna make sure I am on the right tracks......any ideas please feel free to comment on this

Thanks

sfr table hockey

Just make sure to write those numbers down and once installed don't forget to change the head rank numbers in the printer menu. Also all the alignment issues that go with a head change.

sfr table hockey

I have new heads from china with no head rank on it can any one tell me what to do ?
Thanks

Check down the left side (as if installed) for numbers that are written in black marker (on the black plastic). It is hard to see unless you have light reflect off the marker. You would think they could find a white marker or something better but they write it with a black marker. If you can't see anything then you might not be able to use them. If the head rank is not set correct then it can send the wrong voltage (I think) to the print head and it won't print correct or it will leave lines in the print. I don't know if it would blow something other than the head so it might not be worth the test seeing heads are only $110 for these printers.