• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland GS-24 for producing die(perf)-cut stickers?

hobbymad

Hi all, just recently got a Roland BN-20 to produce stickers for our own business but now would like to branch out into supplying them for local businesses too. I know that the "pro" type stickers are all kiss-cut/die-cut combo so that the sticker has a nice shape to it and looks more premium. The BN-20 has no issues making kiss-cut decals, but I tried the perf-cut and it was pretty slow with mixed results. So I figured maybe an affordable next step up (bearing in mind just starting out) would be the GS-24, which looks pretty capable and pairs up nicely with the BN20 in both media size and workflow. So just wanted to get some feedback from others who have gone this route? Or am I better off just going for something like entry level Summa or Graphtec? Thanks!

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
The Roland BN20 is a great personal printer / cutter and the Roland GS24 is a great addition.
Now You're thinking about helping your neighboring businesses with their products.
What kind of business do you have?

hobbymad

The Roland BN20 is a great personal printer / cutter and the Roland GS24 is a great addition.
Now You're thinking about helping your neighboring businesses with their products.
What kind of business do you have?
We have a hobby shop and also a sister company producing cosmetics. So the BN20 is very handy for producing promotional stickers and apparel for them. We plan to offer the same products for local businesses. Not targeting the "big companies" yet - no illusions that the BN20 is far from a mass production machine :)