• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland GX 24 not cutting all the way..

phuckdrifting

Sorry for the double post -

I've searched and I can't seem to find the right answer. I apologize for the noob question but I will try to cover all my settings...

I'm cutting a vinyl on my GX24 and when I weed out they got stuck since it's not cutting all the way around.

I end up having to carefully weed the thing out and it's taking me hours for just 20 pcs...
I'm trying to figure out what the right settings would be that it cuts all the way around.

It's basically the factory default except for the SPEED, which I slowed down maybe because I'm cutting a small sign.
-I have a new 45 degree blade.
-Oracal Vinyl
-13cm/s
-130gf
-0.250mm

But I'm still having an issue weeding and not cutting all the way around my artwork...

I hope this make sense... Here's a photo of my work, as you can see, when I weed out the vinyl, letters comes along and I end up having to put the letters back in place and its taking hours :(
IMG_2509.jpg

Thanks for your time.
-AL

101numlock

May help

Check and make sure you have enough blade stick out from your holder. There are a couple YouTube video on this but I set mine the thickness of my fingernail and go from there. You want to have enough blade to cut the vinyl but not dull it on the backing. Also if it is getting hung up primarily in the nooks and crannies of your cuts check you software settings for proper blade offset for your 45 degree blade.. Your going to have to get the blade offset from the manufactures website. From the pics it doesn't look too bad though everything looks smooth. I would bet not enough blade stick out..

Happy trails

phuckdrifting

Check and make sure you have enough blade stick out from your holder. There are a couple YouTube video on this but I set mine the thickness of my fingernail and go from there. You want to have enough blade to cut the vinyl but not dull it on the backing. Also if it is getting hung up primarily in the nooks and crannies of your cuts check you software settings for proper blade offset for your 45 degree blade.. Your going to have to get the blade offset from the manufactures website. From the pics it doesn't look too bad though everything looks smooth. I would bet not enough blade stick out..

Happy trails

Thanks - Weird... That made it worse!!!

Ugh. I guess I just have to do it the hard way :(

Cyw

Don't increase your blade depth. Often that will cause more problems than it fixes.
Your cuts don't look that bad.
First make sure you don't have bunches of errant, excessive nodes around the text and then try increasing your force.

phuckdrifting

Don't increase your blade depth. Often that will cause more problems than it fixes.
First make sure you don't have bunches of errant, excessive nodes around the text and then try increasing your force.

It's just a regular font > Created in outlines.

It just not cutting all the way around so there's a bit of pieces sticking to it so I had to carefully peel/weed it out. :(

I'm getting the hang of it but it takes me 10-15 mins for 4 pcs LOL

-Al

101numlock

Yeah yeah yeah what he said lol.I am fairly new too but I tried.... Have you tied to cut a different file? That would help narrow it down if it worked ok on previously ok files..

DizzyMarkus

It may help to tell what you are ysing ot cut with (software)

My guess is the overcut function. Mine is set to .010 and what it does is cut past the orignal first cut so the pieces dont hang there :0) Mine is set within FlexiSign tho

Markus

WildWestDesigns

It may help to tell what you are ysing ot cut with (software)

My guess is the overcut function. Mine is set to .010 and what it does is cut past the orignal first cut so the pieces dont hang there :0) Mine is set within FlexiSign tho

Markus

I would say more then likely it's CutStudio which comes with the GX24. That program does not have an overcut function in it. It's a very basic cut program. I use EmbroideryStudio (it also controls other apparel decorating machines, not just embroidery machines) to do the overcut function (especially for rhinestone templates).

Based on the pictures though, I can't tell if it's a lack of overcut or not. Could be pressure, even how the media is loaded on there could make it wig out. The GX 24 can be super sensitive to those things.

BobM

130 gf seems like way to much. I cut Oracal with 80 gf. Start at the beginning. Check the cut strip for ware. Check the blade holder to be sure the blade is turning. Perhaps a tiny drop of oil would help smooth things out. After you are sure everything is working within spec use the test cut feature to tune in the pressure. Good luck.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
your numbers look slightly rounded from cutting anyways ... your blade swivel (whatever setting that is that lets brings the blade out a little so when it cuts back making a sharp corner ... that term) is out of whack. also, if its not cutting all the way, your offset is also out of whack. find a way to adjust those 2 things and you will find your weeding life a lot easier.

OldPaint

i have had a similar problem...with CHEAP DOWNLOADED FONTS........these arent built like real fontry fonts.

round man

your numbers look slightly rounded from cutting anyways ... your blade swivel (whatever setting that is that lets brings the blade out a little so when it cuts back making a sharp corner ... that term) is out of whack. also, if its not cutting all the way, your offset is also out of whack. find a way to adjust those 2 things and you will find your weeding life a lot easier.
that term is " blade offset " it applies to both aspects of cutting with a swivel knife