• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland GX-400

martyh

Is anyone using Flexi-starter with the GX cutter? For several years we have used a "half box" for our crop marks when digitally printing. We have used Graphtec cutters, but have had some issues, so decided to try a Roland, but so far we are not able to get the eye to read the half box. We have two crops at one end of the image and 1 crop mark at the other end. Roland and Flexi personnel have not been able to help. In short Roland is saying the only thing the CutStudio will read is a 10 millimeter dot. If this is true, I would say they have limited themselves to a small amount of existing shop work flows.

Any thoughts from anyone or is this plotter that limited? We have had Roland cutters that we ran for years (10 plus) but these are older ones that did not have (before) the "eye" technology. They have just kept cutting, so wanted to try the Roland for it past history in our shop. Back when we bought our digital printer Roland did not offer a registration system on its plotters, so we went with the Graphtec; however like I said earlier, they have not been reliable.

Any help would be appreciated.