• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland GX cutting uneven

TDP

Hey guys,

Had this problem a couple of times now where my GX cutter cuts perfectly for the start of the job but then roughly a quarter of the way into a 1200mm job it doesnt cut as deep and doesnt make it though all the way. I had just taken 1 job off that cut perfectly and loaded a second and this happened. Really sets me back when i have to re print/out gas/laminate etc.

My cutting strip is almost new. My blade isnt the best but i have had it happen before with a new blade and this blade cut the job before perfectly. Blade depth is set to suit material.

keep in mind im using thick material and cutting 2 passes at 310g.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

vondegroot

Are you cutting sandblast mask? Using a premium blade? I know the Roland 60 degree blades hold up well with that rubbery mask.

TDP

Cutting substance X1 with ultracurve 1500 laminate. Using genuine Roland 60 degree blades. I have a table on both sides of the cutter so it can stay flat and consistent.

Ive really got no explanation for it haha.

Attila Nagy

Common Roland fault if the ribbon cable for the head breaks, or shortcuts to the body of the cutter, can cause this fault. ... and many other things.