• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland LEF-20 Cyan PH Leaking

PhuKing

Hi good day,

I hope you all are doing well. I have a LEF-20 UV flatbed printer that has an issue with the C/M print head leaking cyan and contaminating the magenta that gives bad prints and clogging. In the attached images you can see that there's excess cyan ink in the cap tops and on the print heads.
I recently purchased the machine used and had this problem before I replaced ALL cap tops, dampers, print heads as well as the cyan cartridge.
I have ruled out the cap top pump as it is connected to the black/yellow and cyan/magenta cap tops and I only have issues with cyan. I also ruled out the cap top ink line being clogged as I used a syringe to clear it and it wouldn't explain why only cyan is leaking.

I live in a Central American country with no tech support so I have to fix my machines myself and am turning to you guys for help. Any input is much appreciated :smile:.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Attachments

• Captop.jpg
    Captop.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 235
  • Print Heads.jpg
    Print Heads.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 158
  • Nozzle Test.jpg
    Nozzle Test.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 179

PhuKing

Fixed the issue... Looks like the previous owners did a cap top pump replacement and accidentally swapped the cyan feed and drain tubes. Every time the pump did a drain, it pumped cyan ink back up into the cap top.