• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland PC600 - what's it worth currently?

graphixtogo

I've got a PC600 that I purchased from a nearby sign shop less than a year ago. I think they were the original owners. The machine is in like-new condition and I put a new printhead from Cammtech on it after getting it home. Operates and prints perfectly.

After getting my feet wet in the color market, I went ahead and moved up to a Mutoh 1604 so the PC600 is just sitting now. It's a shame to see it not being put to good use. I know that people have varying opinions of the ColorCamms, but I think they are great machines for decals and smaller print jobs, especially if you are a small shop that needs/wants color, but can't make the major investment for a newer large format inkjet.

I have the PC600, stand, and several ZeroNine cartridges and refill ribbons. Does anyone have an idea of what these machines are selling for these days?
(I'm in the mood for a new 1911 pistol so I need to raise some "firearm funds"!) :wink:

Thanks for any help!!! :thankyou:
gtg

BTW, I am located in Western Kentucky, if anyone might be interested and want to see it operate. I do have a video of it running if anyone wants to see it.

:U Rock:

high impact

I'd think you could get a couple of thousand dollars out of it yet. But I've been out of the market for a while.

Jim Hill

Check out E-Bay

The prices for a Roland PC-600 seem to be between $1,800 and $4,000 depending on the amount of software and other things that come with it plus shipping on E-Bay and you never really are sure what you are getting untill you plug it in and try it.

I have seen some for as little as $1,400 dollars that need some work.

The thing to remember is that you are buying older technolgy so the question becomes do I spend maybe $3,000 dollars or go for the whole deal and invest around $12,000 on a New 30" VersaCamm or maybe even try and find a used VersaCamm.

Jimbo

graphixtogo

Not exactly sure, Day Sign, but I am a big Springfield Armory fan (got a V10 ultra compact recently), and I am definitely interested in the Kimbers. I might even look into one of the custom brands like Les Baer or Dan Wesson. Who knows, if I find a good deal on a race gun, I might even go for one of those! I'm a sucker for accuracy! :thumb:

high impact

I'm a 1911 fan also have a duo tone v-10, Colt defender is nice. If it were my Roland I would keep it for the spot color

Ditto - about the Roland

:thread

I have a buddy with a Custom Kimber 1911 - that gun is killer (um...no pun intended) ;-) It shoots soooooo nice! I'd like to get one some day as well - just don't know a whole lot about guns, nor do I have the $1700 - I only own two and other people picked them out for me. A Raven .25 (dislike it) and a Glock 30 .45 (love it, but kind of wide).