• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland Printhead Issue

CanuckSigns

We are having an issue with our VG 640, the printer is brand new, and the test print is perfect, however I am getting lines in the magenta ink only.

I printed some solid colour squares and they all look perfect, except the magenta has fine lines running through it, this shows up in other colours that have a high amount of magenta in them.

Printer is a Roland VG-640, the printer is only a week old.

I've attached pics, can anyone chime in with some thoughts?

Attachments

• IMAG0764.jpg
    IMAG0764.jpg
    960.8 KB · Views: 384

Signed Out

Did you try manually cleaning the print head? Could be a small fiber stuck on there, happens quite often printing banner.

Andy_warp

Looks like what Cathrineee is suggesting.
People love to sell these machines stating speed specs for draft mode. It rarely works on dense ink loads.

Maybe run a nozzle test and double check your printhead alignment.

Are you running a RIP?

printhog

Looks like M head bias alignment is slightly off. Have your Roland service tech fix it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

CanuckSigns

Thanks guys

Ok, so the print head has been cleaned, there are no fibres or hairs on the head.

We are printing on 3651 gloss vinyl using a number of profiles including the 3651 profile as well as Roland's glossy calendered vinyl profile, it makes no difference.

I have been told by our tech that the new tru viz printers do not have any type of adjustment on the head, apparently the print carriage is made from a single piece of metal with machined slots the the heads snap onto, there is no way to adjust how the head sits in the slot, it's either in or its not.

Our dealer came by today and did every possible adjustment they could, but it made no difference. Next step is a new print head, on a printer with less than 1 roll of vinyl through it.

As much as I want to love the new tru vis machines, I keep getting the feeling they were released before they were properly tested. When it's printing well, it's an absolutely amazing machine, but there are too many little bugs for me to ignore.