• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SG Misaligned after new heads and cap tops

DAHVID

I just had the heads and cap tops replaced on Magenta and Cyan because our Roland SG300 was damaged during our school's recent construction. Now the printing is completely misaligned. I've adjusted the calibration and the bi-directional adjustments. The documentation that I can find does not discuss this problem. Do I need to have the technician come back because he messed something up or is this something I can fix? See photos for reference on one of my student's work. Any thoughts are much appreciated
IMG_7373.JPG
IMG_7374.JPG
IMG_7377.JPG

Joe House

Can you post a nozzle test print? It's possible that the heads are not aligned properly or not seated fully. A nozzle test would give us a better picture of that.

Joe House

Looks like the heads are in there pretty straight. The black/yellow head may need to be reseated, but I'd have to look at the Bias test print before I did that - not something you can print in user mode.
I think that the Horizontal calibration is off. This registers the two heads so that they print in the same position left and right. This should have been done as part of the head replacement procedure. I'd ask the tech to come back out and fix this.

Good luck