• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland sj-645 sitting for 4 weeks, wow

gourami

Just saw a used sj645 for sale, but it's been power off for 4weeks.
How bad could that be?
Still worth to fix it?

gourami

The owner said it was working fine, now he is asking for 11k.

I don't know how much work to be done to rebuild it, say the worst situation would be changing all 6 printhead+6 dampers? What else?

What is a fair value for this sj-645 if it was working fine like he said.

Really need you guys help me out. Thanks in advance.

Baz

Best i could say is fire it up and see how it does ... Sounds like a good deal if it hasnt been abused. Couple that with wide format plotter and you're off to the races. :beer

Dave L.

Great deal....with conditions

First thing, get a report. This machine has logged everything that has occured including the times it's been turned on, serviced, cleaned, the hours the motors have been running and the number of times the heads have fired ink.
Make sure the serial number matches the machine. Also look at the head strike count (motor errors). A machine that has been babied should have 5...maybe. You'll have to make the call on these numbers.

I'm sure that the ink has dried up in some part of the machine. I wouldn't touch this thing until you get a test print with reasonable results, meaning you have 95% of all the nozzles in all the heads. Refurbed sj's go for around 16,000 which mean they are used but working at 100%.
I (personally) would have the seller spend some dough on a set of cleaning cartridges and get a test print up to par. Good luck to you!
If you need a Machine to cut all that big material, or supplies to feed through it, Beacon Graphics offers the best support for software, hardware and materials. Give us a call.
David Lynn
Beacon Graphics, LLC
1-800-762-9205 ext. 219
www.beacongraphics.com