• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP300V - Cutting Force doesn't change

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
New blade holder, new blade, blade extension most likely is the issue, gotta dial that in after making changes. Pressure from the software side or cutter side could be another issue.

Just went through this with my Graphtec plotter.

That’s also a lot of heavy material and laminate cutting over the years.

May have to take it to the Train Station…

damonCA21

At least once you have a known good cutting head you are starting from a good position and can then make any tweaks from there. The problem with trying to chase problems is if the existing part has a fault it is often hard to find out why it isn't working properly

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Had you tried to have the blade stick out a bit from the holder and made sure the blade holder was securely tightened into the carriage and see if that helps at all?

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
Had you tried to have the blade stick out a bit from the holder and made sure the blade holder was securely tightened into the carriage and see if that helps at all?
Yes - I twisted the end of the holder to vary the amount of blade that is exposed (tried all different combos) and I routinely twist the knob to tighten the blade holder to ensure it is tight as I know it eventually loosens a bit.