• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Roland SP540V No Black or Cyan

STRATMAN2

The problem started with the black going out. Cyan, Magenta and Yellow printed perfectly. I replaced the caps and the damper. still no black. I primed the damper and checked the seal on the caps, all good. Then I swapped the ribbon cables and the fuse blew. Replaced the fuse and now no black or cyan. Does this sound like a printhead issue? Many thanks in advance.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Any idea where the C4131 and A1745 transistors are located on the board?

They are on the main board. They are larger transistors that are attached to a big heat sink. It's biggest thing that sticks up off the board.

I would also suggest testing the fuses again. A lot of times what happens is the fuse pops, you replace it, and then it pops again because the root cause wasn't addressed. Check all of your cable connections and air dust them. Make sure every cable is plugged in straight and there aren't any bent leads. Replace any questionable cables.

Also, never work with the machine plugged in and when you do unplug it, wait 15 minuted before working on it.

At the end of the day, if the fuses are good and you still can't get it to fire, the head is most likely fried.

STRATMAN2

Thanks for the valuable information. Checked everything and all was good. I will try a new printhead and hope it works, if not I will post a boat anchor in the For Sale section.

STRATMAN2

Update on the Roland SP540v:

Replaced fuse (everything is good), replace damper, cap, printhead cables and finally the printhead. Still no black or cyan. I checked the larger transistors and all are good. Has anyone any suggestions at this point?