• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland- True Vis sg2-300 Printing Issues - HELP

Aedwards01

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the page but found it when looking for answers to why are printer is printing the colors offset like the pictures below. I haven't run in to this problem with my past Roland experience till now as I just started working at a new Maker Space. It seems like they have been having this problem for a while but it has gotten more notice able. I made the top sticker to just test the colors compare to the black and it looks like the is cyan, magenta and yellow are having the most problems. As below the colors are casting a shadow on every color when It's only supposed to be the one solid center color. We have cleaned the machine and ran through pretty much every test in the manual. My only guess is something is might be up with the print heads?

Can anyone recognize what the problem might be and should we give up on trying ourselves and call a Roland technique to come in ?

Thanks so much for any advice given!

IMG-7931.jpg
IMG-7932.jpg
IMG-7933.jpg

weyandsign

Go in the menu, and goto Media Gap Adjustment. Then goto detail setting and do a test print. It will print arrows under the current settings. Adjust the settings to the straightest lines for each one.

cornholio

Most likely the result of a crash. One head is shifted mechanically.
You can try to loosen the two screws securing the heads and push them to the right and back. (They should go back to this position by themselves, by a sort of plastic springs)

Aedwards01

that's a new one for me but you may have to do a print alignment.
also what does your test print look like
hmm yea that what I was wondering. The bad thing is I'm only here two days a week to help work on it so I'm worried it also might be a problem that its not run enough. Here is a test print I just did and the cyan looks rougher then it did the last time we test printed.

Attachments

• Print Test 1 3-7-23.jpg
    Print Test 1 3-7-23.jpg
    989.8 KB · Views: 133

Aedwards01

Go in the menu, and goto Media Gap Adjustment. Then goto detail setting and do a test print. It will print arrows under the current settings. Adjust the settings to the straightest lines for each one.
We did do this test a couple times. I just ran it again to see what it was like today. Here is a picture of the out come. Looks like I could move over to -6 .

Attachments

• Media Gap Adj. Simple 3-7-23.jpg
    Media Gap Adj. Simple 3-7-23.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 116

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
hmm yea that what I was wondering. The bad thing is I'm only here two days a week to help work on it so I'm worried it also might be a problem that its not run enough. Here is a test print I just did and the cyan looks rougher then it did the last time we test printed.
Yes, based on that nozzle test, it looks like the cyan/magenta head is out of alignment. As the service menu is locked out, you'll need to get a tech in to do the alignment, probably caused by a head strike, but does look fixable.

petepaz

yeah looks like an alignment issue. you can try to do the manual alignments first. there are 2 tests you can do and adjustments after that like already mentioned you will need a tech .
we traded our truvis in so can't really show you (that machine was a lemon since the day we got it)

Joe House

There are no physical adjustments on this printer. The print head has been knocked out of alignment. Reseating the head will fix the alignment issue. If you're uncomfortable with this, get a tech in there to do this.
The nozzle issue is different.Try cleanings and/or head soaking. Make sure your cap tops are in good condition (clean and not too old).

Good Luck