• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland TrueVIS2 Printing Red issues

Boston Uncommon

Hello. I have really enjoyed my Roland TrueVIS 540v. it has an ink combination of CYMK Lc Lk Lm O. The problem is when I try to print 100Y/100M (CYMK Red) it comes out more like bubblegum pink. I think I recall being told last year at ISA that it is because of the "Orange channel" getting blended in and that somehow you could "turn it off" . Did not really make sense to me. Was wondering if anyone else has this issue and how they mitigate it. i cringe when I get things that are to be printed "pure CYMK red because I know it will look more hot pink. Would love to hear from someone with same ink configuration that may have a solution.

cornholio

You didn't shake the cartridges...
Activate the shake alert in the machines submenu for the future.
For the moment, got to media explorer in Versaworks and tick the 7c media settings to be visible.
Then it will print without orange.
(Only if you select the 7c mode later...)
Depending on how long the cartridges were not shaken, it's hard to say if you need to replace cartridges with new ones. Oranges demixes the fastest.

Last edited:

Boston Uncommon

WOW! absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for this. Instant red. i did both things you stated. The shaking is a bit odd to me, given how much ink would be in the lines, but I'll definitely do that. All the other colors seem good. The 7 color option seems a good choice with a predominately red print.
Not to over indulge you, but you conquered 1 of the 2 head scratchers I have had with this machine. Figured I could throw out the other one. SCAN (side to side) and FEED (length) as I understand them-- accuracy. SCAN is no problem. An inch is an inch. BUT the FEED inch is less. I am estimating that my prints lose about 1/32" for every foot printed. I cant figure out why that would not be standard as well. Thoughts on that?
Thank you again for a fix that was revolutionary!

cornholio

This is also normal behaviour. The printheads have a fixed dot distance like 180 DPI. The media is heated in the print zone and expands. After it's printed it shrinks back a little, when it cools down to room temp.
There should be a size correction setting and calculator in the printer settings in Versaworks. I just checked and there it is for LEJ-640 and EJ-640, but not for VG2-640 or BN-20.(that are the printers of customers I visited lately... but I'm not aware, why the VG2 misses this setting and have to ask Roland...)

cornholio

I just got the answer from Roland...
This function is only supported on print-only devices in Versaworks...(they do it, because print-cut jobs would be off otherwise...)
So you need to design your prints longer by a correction factor.

Boston Uncommon

Very interesting. seems to be about 1/16" per foot on an 8' length. BUT if the print is shorter, say 24" it stays true. Learn something every day. Thank you so much for the feedback.