• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland UI-1000F vs Mimaki 600

jelazc

So I am not new to UV and flatbeds, had 2 Dilli before and currently have a Mimaki 500 but I need to increase my production time and output.
I checked Flora, Vanguard, Epson and HP and pretty ready to get the Mimaki 600 but today I got a call by Roland distributor that They lowered the price to 100K and while it is has half the speed of the 600, it is cheaper... but I can not find any reference in the forums on the Roland UI-1000F. I have an excellent relationship with my Mimaki dealer, and tech support is not an issue. But I know Roland is a good brand, I had 7 Roland solvent printers back in the day before changing to mimaki, epsons and hp latex, so It does make me think... Any experience on this one?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'd look for a printer that has the same print speeds with the fewest heads possible. Did you not like the Vanguard printers? The only reason I bring it up is because the JFX600 has 12 very expensive heads and if you don't take care of the meticulously, they will fail on you. I believe the Vanguards have similar speed with fewer heads. Plus there are only a few techs who have the skills to align those 12 heads so make sure your local tech is confident they can do it. I've seen experienced techs struggle with 4 heads let alone 12.

jelazc

I'd look for a printer that has the same print speeds with the fewest heads possible. Did you not like the Vanguard printers? The only reason I bring it up is because the JFX600 has 12 very expensive heads and if you don't take care of the meticulously, they will fail on you. I believe the Vanguards have similar speed with fewer heads. Plus there are only a few techs who have the skills to align those 12 heads so make sure your local tech is confident they can do it. I've seen experienced techs struggle with 4 heads let alone 12.
They are nice and the magnetic rail does make them faster but at 2 pass (8 print heads) it was doing around 20 boards/hr , the JFX600 I am looking at the configuration with no white so it's 16 printheads and at 2 pass around 60 boards/hr (but it is more like a draft mode) 4 pass prints more than 30 boards/hr (with nice quality). I do agree that more printheads means more risk I do see your point. I have only replaced 2 heads in the JFX500 in 5 years... I would hope not to have that issue.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
They are nice and the magnetic rail does make them faster but at 2 pass (8 print heads) it was doing around 20 boards/hr , the JFX600 I am looking at the configuration with no white so it's 16 printheads and at 2 pass around 60 boards/hr (but it is more like a draft mode) 4 pass prints more than 30 boards/hr (with nice quality). I do agree that more printheads means more risk I do see your point. I have only replaced 2 heads in the JFX500 in 5 years... I would hope not to have that issue.
I agree. As long as you take care of them the heads should last a while. I have a customer who mixes old ink with new ink and doesn't maintain it very well and we are putting heads in every 1 or 2 years it seems and that's on a JFX200!