• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VW 5.5.1 length limit

Thermal

Printing banners today and I can print a 15ft banner fine but a 17ft banner just prints the trim marks and advances all the material out. I stop and deleted that and reduced the banner to 15ft and it prints fine. Does VW limit the length of banner you can print and if so can I change that?

Scott at Roland

I believe VersaWorks does have length limits, but from what I have researched so far- the limits are much larger, like 30' length for a high quality print. There is also a file size limit that might be coming into play here too. So the things I would try first are - first, try lowering the resolution of your image if that is possible. Second, try printing in a lower quality mode - such as standard or high speed. The length that VersaWorks can print is determined by resolution of the file and file size (with a 2GB file size limit, I think). Also, if you have a lot of jobs in your queue - try deleting some of them. That frees up some memory for processing. Hope this helps.