• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...
Thank you all for taking time to read about my printer issue. I have a Roland XC-540 that is making awful metal clanking noise while printing, generating numerous service call errors when stopped. Metal banging sound sometimes starts right away and sometimes it does not appear until print is almost finished. Here are the errors I received:
Service Call 0102
Service Call 0103
Service Call 0105
Service Call 0109
Service Call 0110

Noise sounds like it is coming from tool and print carriage and I have attached a video showing the problem. Here are the things I tried in order to remedy the problem but that did not fix the problem:
- Cleaned the Encoder Strip
- Limit Initialization
- Installed New Scan Motor
- Oiled the rail
- Checked both belt's pulleys (seemed smooth and spinning fine)
- Took off Cutting Tool from the carriage and checked the "glider," It moves without issues.

I did notice the Tool/Print Carriage belt missing few of its "teeth" and having a bald spot so I will need to replace the belt and see. This may or may not fix the problem but I need to order the belt regardless. Could anyone please tell me what is happening with my printer?

DL Signs

Never go against the family
did notice the Tool/Print Carriage belt missing few of its "teeth" and having a bald spot
You just stated the issue right there. All those codes are limit sensors, head lock, carriage connection, encoder... Plus the noise are all things that would happen when the belt is missing teeth and allows play and slop in the carriage movement. Replace the belt.

You just stated the issue right there. All those codes are limit sensors, head lock, carriage connection, encoder... Plus the noise are all things that would happen when the belt is missing teeth and allows play and slop in the carriage movement. Replace the belt.
Will do, fingers crossed this remedies the issue. Thank you for your reply!