• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XR-640 Perf Pressure During Job

vsmartino

Is there a way to change the perf cut pressure while in the middle of a job? I've tried in the cut config like a normal cut, but every-time I think I've set the pressure I go back and it's reset?

During normal kiss-cut it will be, lets say, 80 and I can change that no problem. During the perf part of that cut there will be 2 options if I hit the cut-config button and neither one will stay on what I change it to, as though it's still defaulting to what Versa Works set.

Can't seem to figure this one out.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Set pressures first before sending job..
When sending job to printer make sure there is no pressures set, only set the type of cut.
Then you can change pressure in the middle of job during cutting.

vsmartino

Set pressures first before sending job..
When sending job to printer make sure there is no pressures set, only set the type of cut.
Then you can change pressure in the middle of job during cutting.
Sorry, I'm a bit confused. You're saying set cut pressure first (which I do in on the physical printer), but then send the job without perf pressures set in VW?

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
You have to set the perf cut in VersaWorks. Once you have the perfcut line setup you then have a new option in VW in the Cut Tab. You can set pressure there.

vsmartino

You have to set the perf cut in VersaWorks. Once you have the perfcut line setup you then have a new option in VW in the Cut Tab. You can set pressure there.
Yea, I do that, but what I'm asking is if I can change the perfcut pressure while cutting the job, just as you would with regular cutting.

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
I think you can when the printer is performing the perfcut...

when you go into the cut adjust while it's perfcutting the pressure should indicate the higher pressure. and I think you can adjust then..

I'm not 100% sure on that though.

vsmartino

I think you can when the printer is performing the perfcut...

when you go into the cut adjust while it's perfcutting the pressure should indicate the higher pressure. and I think you can adjust then..

I'm not 100% sure on that though.

That's what I wrote in my initial question. While its cutting you can adjust the perfcut by hitting Cut Config on the printer, but none of the changes take effect and when you change the pressure number, hit enter, then go back to the number its defaulted to whatever versaworks sent.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
I'm sorry I confused you. I misread the part where you are cutting on the xr640.
Once your cutting pressures are set to the job you can not change them in midstream.
I have two xr640 and only print roll to roll on them. I personally think the cutting system on them sucks and is too expensive to maintain.
I use four Graphtec cutters to do all my cutting.