• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roll of labels

bigkahuna_305

I see my competitors printing like 1000 2-3" round stickers on a roll and we have the same printer how is this done help me lol

Saturn

Aging Member
I see my competitors printing like 1000 2-3" round stickers on a roll and we have the same printer how is this done help me lol

You can buy them incredibly cheap from a multitude of online sources. Lots of small shops offer them but really are just brokering the job.

CanuckSigns

what equipment do you have? We run short roll label runs quite often, we kiss cut them then through cut them into strips on our Summa F1612, then splice the strips together with tape. works great for shorter runs, longer runs we outsource.

bigkahuna_305

what equipment do you have? We run short roll label runs quite often, we kiss cut them then through cut them into strips on our Summa F1612, then splice the strips together with tape. works great for shorter runs, longer runs we outsource.
nice that must be what they are doing, we have a Roland VS540 and graphtec fc8600

CanuckSigns

Are you sure they use a roland for that? I dont think so.. there are different printers and methods to print roll-labels.

Yeah large volumes of roll labels are usually offset or litho printed, but there are big setups for these processes, so its not cost effective for small runs, I can print 200 2.5" round labels using my method in less than 40" of vinyl and about 15 minutes of table time, so there is still decent money to be made using a Roland for these types of jobs.

aparat

Yeah large volumes of roll labels are usually offset or litho printed, but there are big setups for these processes, so its not cost effective for small runs, I can print 200 2.5" round labels using my method in less than 40" of vinyl and about 15 minutes of table time, so there is still decent money to be made using a Roland for these types of jobs.

i agree for some jobs. But mostly if a customer wants labels on roll, is ment for labeling, means labeling machine and there you have to have the labels in one piece, because the spacings etc must be correct over the whole roll. There are many digital roll printers for small to medium runs, like oki pro1050, anytron, xeikon etc., and allso finishers for short runs.,

Last edited:

CanuckSigns

i agree for some jobs. But mostly if a customer wants labels on roll, is ment for labeling, means labeling machine and there you have to have the labels in one piece, because the spacings etc must be correct over the whole roll. There are many digital roll printers for small to medium runs, like oki pro1050, anytron, xeikon etc., and allso finishers for short runs.,

Yes if they are applying the labels with a machine my process doesn't work well, but most people buying roll labels 1000 pcs at a time are not using a machine. I've considered a small label printer in the past, but for the 1-2 small jobs a week we do of this type, my epson s80600 and summa f1612 does a great job! Larger jobs can be outsourced for less than my cost.