• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Running Mutoh Falcon II With One Color Per Head

spencer2004

Hi.

I want to run my Mutoh Falcon II with one color per head so that I don't get any cross contamination. At the moment the ink order goes KMCYKMCY but I want it to go KKMMCCYY.

I have seen this done on other machines so I know it's possible.

I cannot find the option in any of the menus or any mention of it in the service menu.

Could someone please tell me how I can set it to "one color per head mode"?

spencer2004

For anyone that wants to know you need firmware version 2.17 or later to do one color per head.

Note that firmware versions above 2.11 do not allow you to bypass the ink cartridge smart chips with the special code so you will need auto reset chips or something.

rjcuri

Help

Hi,

I am on the exact same situation, is it better to run this unit with one color per head? Which firmware are you using? Are you able to bypass the ink cartridge smart chip, how?

Thank you in advance for all your help!

For anyone that wants to know you need firmware version 2.17 or later to do one color per head.

Note that firmware versions above 2.11 do not allow you to bypass the ink cartridge smart chips with the special code so you will need auto reset chips or something.