• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help S2T140 - "Unable to lower OPOS"

PhuKing

Hey everyone,

I have an issue with my Summa. Every time it scans for an OPOS mark it lowers the scanner multiple times and gives me the error "Unable to lower OPOS". After I press the return button it scans normally and proceeds to the next mark. Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks.

Jon

jerry369

Open Summa Cutter Control Program, go to Menu panel and do a backup (click on the Backup button) of your plotter settings. Open the saved file (named with the serial number of your plotter) using a text editor (WordPad or Notepad for example) and search for a variable named "lower_opos_press2", if its value is less than 210 set it to 210. DO NOT CHANGE ANY OTHER SETTING. Save the file.
Now in Summa Cutter Program click on the Restore button, select the modified file and verify if the issue has been solved.

PhuKing

Open Summa Cutter Control Program, go to Menu panel and do a backup (click on the Backup button) of your plotter settings. Open the saved file (named with the serial number of your plotter) using a text editor (WordPad or Notepad for example) and search for a variable named "lower_opos_press2", if its value is less than 210 set it to 210. DO NOT CHANGE ANY OTHER SETTING. Save the file.
Now in Summa Cutter Program click on the Restore button, select the modified file and verify if the issue has been solved.
Thanks Jerry! It fixed the issue. May I ask how you found this fix and why the value must be 210?
I tried getting support from AirMark and Summa for over a year but they both were a lost cause.

bigben

Damn! That was a very specific and impressive answer. I'm curious to know how and why you got that knowledge. lol.