• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

s80600 owners, leave your machine on or off when not using?

frankzilla

It's because of the different ink. Can't do the same with solvent.
Technically, with the cleaning solution to cap the heads in for repairing clogged heads, it just needs to be cleaned or flushed out, but essentially should be safe to leave it capped in the cleaning solution in storage mode when it powers off.

I mean unless there is a completely different engineering reason why it cannot be capped off in a cleaning solution or pad the same way.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Technically, with the cleaning solution to cap the heads in for repairing clogged heads, it just needs to be cleaned or flushed out, but essentially should be safe to leave it capped in the cleaning solution in storage mode when it powers off.

I mean unless there is a completely different engineering reason why it cannot be capped off in a cleaning solution or pad the same way.
I just mean generally. That resin ink (water) is way easier on the system if it sits compared to solvent.

funnyb0nz

You will want to leave on, Also do a nozzle check every couple days. I had one nozzle port go out on my M2. Printer worked great for a year, did a print a week ago following week went to print and M2 is all messed up. So have a new print head comeing.

matze214

Do you leave Material in the Machine left behind?
I always get super inprinted marks in the Material when i leave a Roll in there. But it looks like when i dont leave Material inthere it wont go into the Standby Mode. How do you handle the Printer when you leave the Shop?
Do you press the off Button on the Panel? My Technican meant if we dont switch the Main Power off its not a Problem if i press the Power Off Button to switch it "off" He meant it still should be in Standby aslong as i dont press the Main Button.
So i turn it always off at the End of the Day via the Control Panel, but after that thread it feels wrong? Should i even let the Panel on? And as my Main Question, do you leave Material in the Epson?

Greetings

jharler

I leave my s80600 on all the time and always keep the media in it. The roller marks go away and I've never had a problem with them. You can't turn the printer off as it needs to remain on to do the ink cycling and automated cleaning.

cmoist

I leave my s80600 on all the time and always keep the media in it. The roller marks go away and I've never had a problem with them. You can't turn the printer off as it needs to remain on to do the ink cycling and automated cleaning.
Agreed. The marks waste a few inches, if that.