• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SAI Production Manager Communication Issues

JamesLam

So, in PM I send a cut file to output and it processes the file (sending and finishing) and poof, back to hold. The problem is that it doesn't actually cut anything. If I go into my cut log it indicates that the whole job took 9 seconds to which I guess that it figures it's done. Any thoughts?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check the port setting for the machine in PM. Sometimes PM will reset to the default which is "file" instead of "USB_Printer_0" for example.

JamesLam

Check the port setting for the machine in PM. Sometimes PM will reset to the default which is "file" instead of "USB_Printer_0" for example.
I re-installed the Summa Cutter Control and that seems to have solved the issue for now. But as this is the third time in the past few weeks that this has occurred my spidey sense tells me that this is going to be a common problem. Fingers crossed.

natallica

Graphics Guru
From what I was told, Flexi is a resource hog... and if PM is running in tandem with Summa Cutter Control it will take hold of the USB port for the cutter and not release it when Cutter Control needs it.
I've has a similar issue with this and my S2160T will sit there with 'Waiting For Camera Control' on the LCD and the cut job will drop down into the Flexi Queue as if it had already cut the job (in only a few seconds), whilst hanging up the cutter.

My fix for this:
• Reset the cutter using the LCD (to avoid another autoload conniption fit when powering off and back on)
• Kill Flexi Production Manager
• Close and re-open Summa Cutter Control
• Once CC is running, re-open PM and resend the job.

Works like a champ in our case, this was recommended to us by Summa.

Hope this helps,
-N8