• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Sandblast versus CNC pricing

thwclw

Can someone tell me what the price differential would be comparing sandblasting to CNC carving - which is priced higher for similar signs. Is CNC more expensive to end client or is sand blasting?

I'm able to get nice sandblasted like textures from CNC but it takes a while, just wondering how sandblasted compares to CNC pricewise.

Thanks!

letterman7

What's your time worth. I think the last time I sandblasted anything was back in the '90's. In the time it would take to prep an actual wood blank (which is getting pretty expensive now), blast it, prep it again for paint you could have a foam "blasted" sign in less time. And probably less overall cost as well. With carving a texture you can control the overall look. Not so much with real wood.

thwclw

Thanks, It's probably not worth pursuing - just thought it might be a way to offer a lower price.