• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sawgrass SG500 Print Clarity w/Siser Easysubli HT paper

armoredart

Hello Everyone! Looking for a little insight. I decided to dip my toes into the T-Shirt world.. We're a small operation.. Literally Ma & Pa.. Mostly Pa.. Anyhow.. Went small, bought a Sawgrass SG500 (Siser Bundle) with the Siser ink and Sisier Easysubli Printable HTV.. the software the Sawgrass comes with is pitifull.. Been using VE LXi Master 12 software,(basically Flexi from whay I can tell), for our vinyl signs for quite a while now.. I can get good prints on the Texprint DT paper.. Sharp, clear, just need to tweak the color a bit,(reds sublimate to a dark orangeish..) But when ever I switch to the Siser Easysubli material.. it just looks splotchy, almost like its putting out too much ink.. I've tried changeing damn near every parameter I can in the print menu../ Have changed Paper types,(photo,plain,glossy,ect..) / Paper thickness (envelope,card stock) / Quaility / Raster,Vector / Just cant get it print where I need it for a good product.. I realize I'm not using RIP software.. Do I need to be? As good as the texpaper comes out, I would think I'm OK using the LXi software.. I'm up for damn near any new ideas, outside of going into debt for a differnet machine..

Attachments

• Truck_T_LI.jpg
    Truck_T_LI.jpg
    654.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20240501_193826.jpg
    20240501_193826.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 20240501_193839.jpg
    20240501_193839.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
  • 20240501_193850.jpg
    20240501_193850.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18

cornholio

Subli printing needs a special setup with ink limiting, linearisation and a corresponding profile. You need to measure the end product, not the transfer paper.

hillman99

armoredart

Subli printing needs a special setup with ink limiting, linearisation and a corresponding profile. You need to measure the end product, not the transfer paper.
Thanks! Got it! Much like sublimation.. the end result should/will come out far better than the printed page.. Any recommendations on the printer set up? I realize every system is going to be different, not looking for specific parameters for my set up... just some basic things to start poking at...

cornholio

I used Ergosoft Posterprint mostly, but any decent Rip will do.
I even bent a old Roland SP-300 with Versaworks 5.5 print correctly with subly inks. (Here you need a profile creation software like iProfiler)