• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SC545ex no print problem

s7grafx

I am having a problem with my printer where I cant get the heads to print at all. I bought a new head board, 4 new heads i bought 6 new cables from the headboard to the carriage board, head cables and a new carriage board.

With the old setup only magenta and yellow would print. This weekend i spent time replacing all the parts. Before installing the head board ( which is new) i tested the fuses with my multimeter (which beeps when there is continuity in the circuit) . And across all the fuses i got beep, everything tested fine.

I installed everything, the machine did a small clean and i could see ink being pulled through the captop tubes into the pump. I then did a test print and this time i am gettin light cyan and light magenta printing. Nothing is coming from the black cyan magenta or the yellow. When i tested the board fuses again ni am only getting the 'beep' on f4 . F3 and f2 i get nothing.

I am getting fairly frustrated since im buying head boards and heads and at any given time i amd only getting 1 bank to print. What can be causing the fuses to blow and 4 new heads not to print?

I would appreciate any help

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Something is blowing those fuses and it's probably a crooked, dirty or damaged cable somewhere along the way. The main reason fuses blow is because of a short in the system. The next most common way they blow is that you either worked with the machine plugged in or did not discharge the machine of power properly before starting. You can blow a fuse even when there is no power plugged into the machine and people tend to not think that is true until they find out the hard way. There are large capacitors in the machine that take up to 15 minutes to discharge after loosing power. If you didn't wait 15 minutes after unplugging the machine, it's almost like working on the machine still plugged in.

s7grafx

Something is blowing those fuses and it's probably a crooked, dirty or damaged cable somewhere along the way. The main reason fuses blow is because of a short in the system. The next most common way they blow is that you either worked with the machine plugged in or did not discharge the machine of power properly before starting. You can blow a fuse even when there is no power plugged into the machine and people tend to not think that is true until they find out the hard way. There are large capacitors in the machine that take up to 15 minutes to discharge after loosing power. If you didn't wait 15 minutes after unplugging the machine, it's almost like working on the machine still plugged in.

the machine was off and unplugged for a long time before changing the boards and heads. I will check the cables. once I change the fuses I should be ok?

Hey s7grafx,

VanderJ is right, the problem could be related to failing data cables and it's a possibility. Now, considering the volume of parts you've already replaced, it's Roland support's recommendation for you to contact your authorized Roland dealer to get another opinion and get the printer fixed once and for all. If you don't have a dealer that you normally work with, you can find one online here: Dealer Locator | Roland

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

s7grafx

Ok thanks.
I replaced the Cables yesterday and the fuses, F3 and F4 were blown.

I am now getting the magenta, the yellow, light magenta and light cyan to print. the black and cyan once again blew a fuse. I wonder why .... I checked all the cables for shorting , I even checked the cables from the headboard to the carriage board.

I know the heads are good, because I have tried swapping the red and yellow cables over to black and cyan and when I do that they print. something is blowing the fuses all the time.any suggestions?