• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scitex FB700 rail motor not moving

ppnai

Dear,
I have an HP UV FB700 its been turned off for 2 weeks , now after turning in on I got an error E-HU-3 Rail motor not moving, the rail bar moves from one side only so i cleaned all the encoder strips with the sensors but still the same so I switched the sensors board left and right the problem switch too so i change the not working sensor with the input roll bar I got the same problem and the not working sensor works fine on the input bar, and suggestions please

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
I had a similar issue on our HP45500 years ago and it was the stepper motor brushes that needed cleaning.
Remove the brushes and use a compressor to blow the motor out.

ppnai

I had a similar issue on our HP45500 years ago and it was the stepper motor brushes that needed cleaning.
Remove the brushes and use a compressor to blow the motor out.
Thank you sir for your reply, which motor do you mean , the rail lefting motor ?

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
Thank you sir for your reply, which motor do you mean , the rail lefting motor ?
in my case it was the stepper motor that moves the carriage, attached to the long belt. What happened is the brushes got so dirty that they started to give false movements and no movement at times. I would imagine it can happen to any of the motors.

ppnai

in my case it was the stepper motor that moves the carriage, attached to the long belt. What happened is the brushes got so dirty that they started to give false movements and no movement at times. I would imagine it can happen to any of the motors.
Thank you very much, I'll keep you posted after the cleaning

ppnai

It didn't work, I cleaned the motor like new with encoder strip and blue belt but it didn't work it still at the start up test it rise from one side only and gives me motor not moving.
Is the firmware update or hard disk chkdsk might solve it?