• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Security slits

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Got a request to print a bunch of small decals on 3M 180CV3 with security slits.... They specified the vinyl and "security slits".

I'm well aware of different types of security materals such as destructive, pattern leave behinds, etc.

I'm guessing I could put cuts through the decals at the same time they are getting contour cut leaving the edge in tact a small bit and then put app tape on them. Any better suggestions?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Something squiggly, and difficult to re-align....better yet, perhaps a series of squiggly lines.

Before the days of bar codes, merchandise used to have price tags with a criss-cross pattern that was intended to thwart tag swapping.

JB

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 43
  • s.jpg
    s.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 63

ucmj22

I'm surprised they specified 3M IJ180. It seems it would be better served on 70lb label stock, much harder to remove than 180

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
They are intended to last up to a year outdoors. Removable but not reusuable. Thanks for the tips on patterns. I think wavy might be the way to go.

I'm surprised they specified 3M IJ180. It seems it would be better served on 70lb label stock, much harder to remove than 180